Cyber security and the GDPR
Cyber Security and the GDPR
Date: Thursday 8 February
Time: 0830 - 0900 for breakfast until 1030
Venue: Novotel, Southampton
Speaker: Bruce Penson, Managing Director, Pro Drive IT
A cyber-attack can be devastating and can easily cost your firm its reputation, clients and many thousands of pounds. Once GDPR is introduced, you will also be at risk of very heavy fines if you fail to comply with regulations.
Cyber security advisors Bruce Penson and Simon Williams from Pro Drive IT will provide an insight into the latest threats to your firm.
Learn about the subsequent implications from GDPR and how you can take steps to protect yourself and your firm from both cyber criminals and the law.
The event will cover:
- Identifying the threats - Ransomware, hacking, phishing, CEO fraud and social engineering scams
- What’s your reputation worth? – How cyber crime can change the way clients view your firm
- The dark web – A demonstration of how easily criminals can access the digital underworld and how they will it use it to target you
- Cyber attacks and GDPR law – Steps you must take to protect data, what you should do if you have a breach, and the consequences of non-compliance
- Risk assessment – Identify where you are vulnerable and plan to become GDPR compliant
Bruce Penson, Managing Director, Pro Drive IT
Bruce is the driving force at Pro Drive - A leading IT consultancy and solutions provider, working with professional service businesses in the South East and London. Alongside developing technology strategies for Pro Drive’s clients, Bruce is an active and engaging figure in the IT world as well as in Legal and Finance circles, where he can regularly be found sharing his knowledge on the subjects he is passionate about – cyber security and business productivity.
Cost - Free for members
Non members £10.00
We thank Pro Drive IT for hosting this event
Seminar includes tea/coffee and a breakfast danish
To book your place please contact Nicola either by email or on 023 8044 7022.