Free cyber security seminar
This is your chance to engage with other property lawyers and share best practice under the guidance of Peter Rodd, a property lawyer with 40 years’ experience. Peter Rodd is a past chair of the Property Section, joint author of the CQS toolkit and of the CQS cyber and financial crime training course.
Peter writes and trains on cyber crime and fraud on a regular basis and is one of the authors of the new joint guidance on fraud issued by TLS and HMLR. Peter is also the editor of the Management issues section of the Conveyancing Handbook.
The Seminar will discuss:
• Assess the impact of recent, high-profile cases and their implications for the profession – including, Dreamvar (UK) Ltd v Mischon de Reya, Purrunsing and P & P • What the threats are, and where they are coming from?
• Practical common sense steps to protect you and your firm from falling victim to a scam
• Mortgage fraud
• Consequences of fraud and cybercrime
• The regulatory position
• What happens in practice?
• Are you covered by PII?
• How to protect your firm
• information on how frauds are perpetrated / techniques used
17:00 Registration opens
17:30 Workshop starts
19:30 Workshop ends
19:30 Networking drinks
(Venue to be confirmed)
This seminar is free to Property Section members, and I have persuaded the Law Society to also make it free to HILS members.
This will be a very informative seminar and one not to be missed.
If you wish to attend please register your interest with:
The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
(DX 56 London)?t: 020 7320 5951
Please let him know when booking that you are a HILS member.