Hampshire Law Society will host a Conference on Scottish/ English legal issues in Edinburgh on 20/21/22 March 2020. The Conference Programme will include two half days of talks on cross border issues which affect those English Lawyers who occasionally deal in Scottish Legal issues including the following:
- Introduction to the differences between the Scottish and English Legal Systems
- Cross border issues relating to Mental Capacity
- The differences between Probate and Conveyancing in the two countries
- We will also hear an update on the Law of Covenants
Our speakers will include:
- Rob Weatherley - Barrister
- Richard Frimston – Solicitor at Russell-Cooke
- Sandra Mcdonald - (former Scottish Public Guardian)
- Colin Reid - Professor of Law @ Dundee University
- Carol Hope - Solicitor at Murray Beith Murray WS in Edinburgh.
We will arrange a tour of the Scottish Senior Courts (Court of Session) and a tour of the Scottish Parliament at Holyrood. The non-legal programme for your partners will include a walking tour of historic and literary Edinburgh, and a choice of visits to the Royal Yacht Britannia, Edinburgh Zoo, Edinburgh Castle and the Scottish National Gallery
The Conference Dinner will take place on Saturday 21 March 2020, we will invite members of the Edinburgh District Law Society to attend and speak so that you will get an opportunity to compare notes with your Scottish brethren.
The cost for attending the conference at the two daily sessions together with Lunch and attendance at the Conference Dinner will be in the region of £200 with an additional guest at the Conference Dinner at £30.00
Rates have been secured at Holiday Inn Edinburgh at the charge of £95.00 per night including breakfast for a double room and £85.00 per night for single occupancy of a double room.
Direct flights are available from Southampton Airport to Edinburgh Airport by Flybe. Delegates will make their own arrangements for travel.
In order to secure your place at the conference, you must place your booking with Ellen White (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business on Friday 31st January 2020.
Bookings require a non-returnable deposit of £50.00 payable to:
Anthony Harris & Company
HSBC Bank Plc, 87 Station Road New Milton Hampshire BH25 6JE
Sort Code: 40 34 25
Clients Premium Deposit account: 13061299
Ref: Edinburgh Conference – HILS.01576